Bollywood famous person Shah Rukh Khan‘s son is presently in jail after he was arrested in a medication case by the Narcotics Management Bureau (NCB) earlier this month. The 23-year-old’s lawyer has been contesting the arrest and interesting for bail in court docket. The court docket is alleged to pronounce its verdict on the bail plea immediately (October 14). NCB alleges that he’s concerned within the conspiracy, illicit drug trafficking in addition to its procurement and consumption. Senior counsel Amit Desai, showing for Aryan Khan, termed the NCB’s competition as “inherently absurd” and argued that when there was no restoration of medicine from him, then he shouldn’t be penalised on the stage of granting bail.
Key factors introduced by Aryan Khan’s lawyer in favour of bail plea
- Desai advised the court docket that the accused within the current case are younger adults and never drug peddlers, traffickers or racketeers. “In lots of international locations, these substances (medicine) are authorized. Allow us to not penalise them at this stage when bail is sought. Allow us to not make it worse for them (accused). They’ve suffered sufficient and so they have learnt their lesson, if in any respect,” he stated.
- Desai argued that there was no restoration of any contraband from Aryan Khan. “He (Aryan Khan) didn’t even have any money. Therefore, he had no plans to buy. If he had no contraband then he was not going to eat or promote,” Desai stated.
- Aryan Khan’s lawyer stated that on October 3 solely three individuals have been arrested – Aryan Khan, Arbaaz Service provider and Munmun Dhamecha. The others have been arrested subsequently. “The NCB can’t herald unconnected individuals and name it a conspiracy,” Desai stated.
- He advised the court docket that the intermediate and business portions of medicine allegedly recovered by the NCB are from the people who Aryan Khan had nothing to do with and stated the NCB ought to have lodged two totally different circumstances.
- Desai stated that when admittedly there was no restoration of medicine from Aryan Khan there isn’t any have to hold him in custody anymore.
Aryan Khan was arrested on October 3 following a raid on the cruise ship and is presently in judicial custody. He’s lodged on the Arthur Street jail. He approached the particular court docket in search of bail after a Justice of the Peace’s court docket rejected the identical final week.