Final week, a complete of 81 assessments confirmed instances of influenza had been reported within the San Diego space. It is a 40% discount from the 137 instances reported final week, the county well being and welfare division introduced as we speak.
Influenza exercise within the space is far decrease than in earlier seasons, however county well being officers have vaccinated San Diego to stop getting sick when hospitals are flooded with COVID-19 sufferers. I’m urging you to obtain it.
“As a result of COVID-19 is widespread in our neighborhood, it is extremely essential that every one San Diego individuals play their half in stopping the illness,” stated a county public well being official. One Wilma J. Wooten, MD, MPH stated. “Individuals who haven’t been vaccinated towards the flu are suggested to get the vaccine now. The flu vaccine is secure and efficient and is obtainable concurrently the COVID-19 booster.”
The County Well being and Welfare Division tracks key indicators of influenza and publishes a weekly influenza monitoring report summarizing native influenza monitoring.
The weekly report ending January 8, 2022 shows the next info:
- Emergency division visits for influenza-like sickness: 8% of all visits (in contrast to 7% final week)
- Cases of influenza confirmed by assessments that week: 81 (in contrast to 137 the earlier week)
- Complete variety of instances confirmed within the lab thus far: 1,262 (in contrast to 589 on the identical time final season, a median of 4,002 over the past 5 years of the identical week)
How to stop the flu
The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) recommends that every one individuals over the age of 6 months be vaccinated towards influenza every year. It takes about 2 weeks for the immune system to develop. The CDC additionally exhibits that you would be able to be vaccinated towards influenza and COVID-19 on the identical time, together with the booster impact. Coronavirus vaccines are ineffective towards influenza and vice versa.
Influenza vaccines are particularly essential for people who find themselves at excessive threat of great issues from the virus.
- Folks with power circumstances equivalent to bronchial asthma, diabetes and lung illness, even when their signs are suppressed
- Pregnant feminine
- These over 65 years previous
- Individuals who stay with or maintain others at excessive threat
Influenza vaccines may be bought at clinics and pharmacies and are coated by medical insurance coverage. These with out medical insurance coverage may be vaccinated at one of many county’s six public well being facilities or at a local people clinic.To search out the closest location, within the county Location of influenza vaccine Name web page or 2-1-1 San Diego.
As well as to vaccination, individuals additionally want to do the next to stop getting sick:
- Wash your fingers completely and infrequently
- Use hand sanitizer
- Keep away from sick individuals
- Don’t contact your eyes, nostril or mouth
- Clear the floor that you simply usually contact
- In case you are unwell, keep at residence and keep away from contact with others
A complete of 848 instances of influenza had been reported in San Diego through the 2020-2021 influenza season, together with two deaths. Throughout the 2019-2020 influenza season, a complete of 108 San Diego individuals died of influenza and greater than 20,700 instances of influenza had been reported.
San Diego Flu Cases Continue to Decline Amid COVID-19 Measures | News Source link San Diego Flu Cases Continue to Decline Amid COVID-19 Measures | News
Most Associated Hyperlinks :
News07trends Business News Technology News