In terms of ‘healthifying’ our weight-reduction plan, we frequently are likely to resort to a choose few substances. Rava or sooji is among the prime contenders of that coveted record in most households. Often known as semolina, rava is an effective supply of protein and wholesome carbs. These carbs don’t get metabolized rapidly and thus stop irregular blood sugar spikes. It’s wealthy in iron and can also be cholesterol-free. The broad gamut of dishes made with rava is proof that we’re obsessive about the superfood, and may just about churn out something with it – from halwa, uttapa, pakodas to upma. One other high quality we like about sooji is that it’s tremendous simple to work with, therefore our go-to-favourite after we are in a temper for one thing fast and yummy. This sooji-tomato upma is one high-quality instance. It’s wholesome, tangy and made with a tempting mixture of all our favorite substances. It makes for a filling and opulent breakfast that’s certain to ring a bell along with your youngsters as effectively! So with out additional ado, let’s get began with the recipe.
Methods to Make Sooji-Tomato Upma:
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3/4th cup of sooji
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- A pinch of hing
- 1 dried purple chilli
- 1 tsp purple chilli powder
- 1/4th cup of chopped onions
- Half cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/third cup of inexperienced bell peppers
- 1 inexperienced chilly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1.5 cups of water
- Salt as required
1. Dry roast the rava or sooji in a pan, till it turns into barely crisp and aromatic. You wouldn’t have to brown it. Warmth on low or medium flame solely. Hold it apart.
2. Take a pan, warmth the ghee. Add cumin seeds. When you hear the crackling sound, add dried purple chillies and hing. Stir for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the chopped onions and stir till it turns into mild golden brown.
4. Add inexperienced chillies, curry leaves and ginger.
5. Now add some tomatoes, purple chilli powder and turmeric powder. Sautee all the pieces effectively on medium flame.
6. Add 1 cup of water and salt. Progressively swap from medium to excessive flame and let the water come to boil.
7. As soon as the combination is boiled, decrease the flame, add sooji regularly.
8. Hold stirring make certain no lumps are fashioned.
9. Cowl the lid of the pan, let it steam for 2 minutes.
Do that scrumptious breakfast recipe and do not forget to share your ideas with us.
(This content material together with recommendation gives generic info solely. It’s under no circumstances an alternative to certified medical opinion. All the time seek the advice of a specialist or your personal physician for extra info. NDTV doesn’t declare duty for this info.)
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a robust penchant for meals, Sushmita loves all issues good, tacky and greasy. Her different favorite pastime actions aside from discussing meals contains, studying, watching films and binge-watching TV exhibits.