It’s well-known that Thunderbird has an area folder measurement restrict of 4 GB. Native folders in Thunderbird in addition to folders from electronic mail accounts configured as POP are saved as .mbox information. Alas, Thunderbird has a restrict on the measurement that such a file can attain. Because of this after the folder is full, you can be unable to show all of your correspondence. How to take care of it and hold downloading mail? Let’s discover a resolution collectively!
1) Transfer to one other mailing consumer
If you’re not happy along with your mailing service anymore, you possibly can create one other mailbox with Outlook, Gmail, or every other service with extra space for storing. For this goal, you possibly can both abandon your Thunderbird mailbox in any respect or migrate, for instance, to Outlook. Due to the distinction in file storage codecs, you will have to use a particular utility like Thunderbird to Outlook converter. It is going to convert your information in a matter of minutes and switch them to your new account.
2) Delete outdated letters
Generally, we subscribe to newsletters of assorted on-line outlets, information websites, allow electronic mail notifications in social media, and so forth. All these rapidly litter our inbox, so it seems that now we have an absence of free area. To take away all the rubbish, you possibly can unsubscribe from these information emails, which you don’t actually learn, and delete the outdated correspondence. It will clear up your downside for a sure time, however you should have to take care of the similar concern later.
3) Change to IMAP protocol
You possibly can convert your present mailbox to IMAP format, because it doesn’t comprise the specified 4 GB restrict. In the case of IMAP, your correspondence is offered on the server, and all adjustments are synchronized instantly (deleting a message in the electronic mail program may also delete it instantly from the server). Earlier than you begin utilizing IMAP, please again up your total Thunderbird inbox. If one thing goes unsuitable, you possibly can restore your present electronic mail standing. Then, observe the under steps to switch your POP mailbox to IMAP:
- Sadly, IMAP doesn’t work on presently configured accounts, so that you’ll want to delete your account and add it once more;
- Seize every of your folders out of your account one after the other after which drag them to the Native Folders tab;
- Proper-click in your account title and go to “Settings”. In the new window, choose your account and select “Delete Account” in the backside menu;
- After deleting the account, add it once more and set it up as IMAP. Enter your login particulars in a brand new window. Be sure that the IMAP choice is chosen as a substitute of POP. Verify including mailbox.
Any longer, you’ve arrange your mailbox as IMAP, so all new messages (and present ones on the server) are saved in such a means that there’s no 4 GB restrict. In flip, your outdated messages may be discovered in the Native Folders tab.