This pipeline will solely embrace brownfield belongings owned by the federal government, Sitharaman mentioned, and won’t embrace land belongings of the federal government.
NITI Aayog Chief Govt Amitabh Kant mentioned that the plan, which was devised after in depth consultations with associated events would “unlock worth of presidency funding and public cash in infrastrucutre”.
Underneath the newly introduced Nationwide Monetisation pipeline,
– Pipeline of presidency belongings covers about 14% of Centre’s outlay
– NMP covers over 20 asset courses and 12 line ministries
1. Possession of the brownfield belongings to stay with authorities
– There will likely be a compulsory handback of belongings after the stipulated time.
– All belongings will likely be de-risked.
“This can unlock assets for the economic system, which is what we would like,” the FM mentioned.
2. Centre to incentivise States to monetise their belongings
– Incentives to be given as 50-year interest-free loans.
– Upto Rs 5,000 crore already budgeted within the present 12 months.
– If the states divest a PSU, they may obtain 100% as monetary help.
– In the event that they monetize the asset, they may obtain 33% of that quantity.
– If states checklist a public firm within the inventory markets, the federal government will likely be give them 50% of that quantity.
3. Roads, railways and energy to be precedence sectors
– Rs 1.6 lakh crore price nationwide highways of NHAI
– Rs 67,000 crore price transmission strains from Energy Grid.
– Rs 32,000 crore price Hydro, Photo voltaic, and Wind tasks from NHPC, NTPC, and Neyveli Lignite.