UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission, which is a physique chargeable for conduction of Civil Services Examination(CSE). The examination has three fundamental phases. The first stage prelims is goal in nature, second stage Mains is a written examination and the third stage interview is a verbal analysis course of.
Out of those, prelims stage is exclusive in nature. It’s distinctive in the sense that each aspirant no matter his degree of preparation seems for this stage and aspirants who fail in any of the subsequent phases, begin from right here solely. Hence, the Preliminary exam calls for a special method due to sheer competitors confronted by aspirants from lakhs of aspirants. Failure in this stage can jeopardise the total preparation technique.
Based on our expertise of previous so a few years, we advise following technique for the Preliminary stage:-
1. Syllabus must be lined in a complete method. No portion must be left as a right, no matter be the previous traits. UPSC can tilt in direction of any portion from the large syllabus and therefore it’s advisable to be on safer facet. Too a lot flavour from the Ancient India portion in UPSC Prelims 2020 must be a lesson.
2. After protection of a considerable portion of the syllabus, a good variety of mock exams should be tried. Number of mocks must be affordable. Too many exams would drain your treasured power and too much less numbers would depart you unprepared. Mocks must be given in exam kind surroundings solely. Joining just one normal Test Series could be a clever concept. Post Test evaluation is a should train. High efficiency mustn’t deliver elation and poor efficiency mustn’t deliver frustration. Just run the race to repeatedly enhance your self.
3. The syllabus of Prelims is sort of large and scattered. More than protection, it’s vital to consolidate the total materials. Hence, revision must be each affordable and time sure. A high quality steadiness is demanded in protection of syllabus and revision of lined portion. Syllabus must be scanned correctly and prioritised.
4. No syllabus of UPSC may be lined with high quality with out making correct notes. Notes must be made in correct format in order that it turns into simpler for the aspirants to memorise and reproduce. Notes shouldn’t be too cumbersome and therefore the goal of notes ought to all the time be tied in thoughts.
5. That portion of syllabus which is extra information and reality oriented should be revised a number of instances earlier than the precise exam. Such parts may be left for final time revision to hold it in contemporary reminiscence.
6. The final month earlier than prelims shouldn’t be given to cover any new stuff except it’s extraordinarily and exceptionally vital. The month must be saved completely for revision. Mains may be taken together with Prelims however proportion of time must be justified.
7. CSAT must be taken very critically. Taking it frivolously can price an enormous toll. The people who find themselves utterly novice to CSAT ought to hold it at par with the General Studies. But even the aspirants who’re at a relatively superior stage ought to take it critically. At least previous years papers shouldn’t be missed.
8. Past year papers must be like radar of preparation which give path and orientation to your preparation. Apart from enhancing your information base, previous year papers assist in forming your psychological outlook. This will increase your widespread sense and helps you in eliminating choices.
9. Current affairs is the most amorphous a part of Prelims. However, non orientation preparation can destroy the total goal of Current Affairs. So, it’s vital to carve and confine the boundaries. One normal Newspaper, one month-to-month journal, gist of Indian Year Book, (*10*) Survey, Budget, PIB and Yojna must be in your platter of Current affairs. Joining an unique present affairs course is a good suggestion however an excessive amount of dependency could be a futile train.
10. Limit your sources and go for a number of revisions from restricted and normal sources solely. Too a lot variety in examine supplies will mess up your total preparation and can deliver anxiousness and stress throughout the final leg of preparation.
(Author of this text Manoj Okay Jha is Director , GS Score. Views expressed listed here are personal)