Theresa Might has proposed a shakeup of the schooling system that might result in an enlargement of grammar colleges throughout England. Many individuals object to the categorisation of pupils at age 11 on the idea of an examination. However how would you fare in such a check? Right here’s a collection of eleven-plus questions from sample tests produced by the educational publisher CGP. (To finish all of the questions please view on desktop or cell browsers quite than the app.)
(hyperlink to options at backside of questions)
1) The quantity codes for 3 of those 4 phrases are listed in a random order. Work out the code to reply the questions.
DEAR MEAD WARE DRAM
1435 6342 5231
1. Discover the code for the phrase DRAM
2. Discover the code for the phrase REAM
3. Discover the phrase that has the quantity code 6234
2) The phrases within the second set observe the identical sample because the phrases within the first set. Discover the lacking phrase to finish the second set.
Instance: vile (vet) reality sale (sew) blow
1. street (ramp) poem what (_______) down
2. clip (pile) led drum (_______) see
3. tender (elevate) file pest (_______) cope
4. tempo (automobile) rock silk (______) plan
5. pear (maps) mass cork (______) ache
6. shone (over) river glide (______) audit
7. gentle (lime) idle hire (______) acre
3) Tilly, Charlie, Sylvia, Norio and Pavle play hopscotch on a grid with the numbers 1-10. Solely Tilly and Charlie throw their stones onto even numbers. Norio’s stone lands on a decrease quantity than anybody else’s. Sylvia’s stone lands on 7. No two individuals throw their stone on the identical quantity. No person’s stone lands on the numbers 1, 5 or 10.
If these statements are true, solely one of many sentences beneath should be true. Which one?
A Tilly’s stone lands on quantity 5
B Pavle’s stone lands on quantity 9
C Sylvia’s stone lands on a better quantity than Charlie’s
D Norio’s stone lands on quantity 2
E Charlie’s stone lands on quantity 6
4) Discover the pair of letters that completes every sentence in essentially the most smart method. Use the alphabet that can assist you.
A B C D E F G H I J Ok L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Instance: BN is to EK as HT is to (EW KW EQ KQ EP)
1. PS is to RY as HL is to (NN FR SO JQ JR)
2. BJ is to YQ as IH is to (QT PS NS PW SP)
3. WB is to AJ as SC is to (WK HX WL AG VL)
4. DM is to NW as HK is to (QT PS NS PW SP)
5. PH is to VC as YO is to (DI EI BL TT EJ)
5) Take away one letter from the primary phrase and add it to the second phrase to make two new phrases. Don’t rearrange the opposite letters.
Instance: steam pot (staff) (submit)
1. broad cue (____) (____)
2. farce fog (_____) (_____)
3. discovered tor (_____) (_____)
4. heard ode (_____) (_____)
5. genie run (_____) (_____)
Click here for options to the verbal reasoning check
On this passage, there are some spelling errors. Choose the letter which matches the a part of the sentence with the error. If there’s no mistake, choose N.
The Crystal Coronary heart
Mi Nuong’s father was an influential Lord. He dominated the entire lands of the Crimson River and his palace stood tall and majestic on its broad, sloping banks. But, Mi Nuong was forlorn and melancholy. Her father saved her locked away on the high of the palace’s tallest tower as a way to preserve her out of hurt’s method. Mi Nuong felt trapped; the one firm she had was her maid and her each day routine was at all times the identical. On a regular basis, she would sit by her window embroidering and look out of her window, gazing sorrowfully down on the waters speeding previous far beneath. Usually, she dreamed of being carried away within the quick flowing rapids to distant lands.
One morning, Mi Nuong heard music floating by her open window. She hurried over to see the place the sound was coming from. There, on the river beneath, was a little bit golden fishing boat. Mi Nuong heard the music stand up from the boat, and caught snatches of a track: “My love is sort of a blossom within the breeze. My love is sort of a moonbeam on the waves.”
The music was fascinating, drawing Mi Nuong like a flickering candle flame attracts the unwary moth. The voice was clear and candy and Mi Nuong leaned out as far out as she might to attempt to catch sight of the singer. Because the boat bobbed previous, she glimpsed the tiny determine of a person stood on the prow with a web. A sudden glimmer of hope lit up in her coronary heart and he or she felt as if she was floating on air. Maybe this man had come to launch her from the tower. Maybe he was a Mandarin’s son in disguise; the person she was destined to marry …
Reply these questions concerning the textual content that you simply’ve simply learn.
For every query beneath there are two figures which can be like one another ultimately. Discover which of the 5 figures on the correct is most like the 2 figures on the left.